2012-09-01

I need Neighborhoods!!

Hey, I mean by the Blink-182 album called Neighborhoods. They had ten songs compressed together. I chose Deluxe Edition because they had four song added from the original album. So now I had fourteen song which takes about 49 minutes duration. So, for your information, I had to make this things FREE, so I had to search for their Roshal ARchive (RAR) or File Format (ZIP) files.. But I can't and I don't know where should I find it. So then I've been trapped to this suspicious site, which brings me to more suspicious sites, telling to download some kind of file. So I thought that it was the Neighborhoods album, and I do download it. But then when I tried to open the "file", it's turns out to be
a stupid application called Media Finder and "luckily" I've downloaded the Full Version. But I thought that if I install this stuff, I would get my Neighborhoods album. So I installed it. Then they recommended Babylon Toolbar and SpeedUpMyPC so I uncheck the box, and click 'Next'. Blablabla, agreed, waited.. Okay, then it had finally finished. But where's my Neighborhood album?? Then I knew that the application is for finding stuff to download. It's like 4shared, but I like 4shared better..

Media Finder for Search and Download. U-huh.. Really?

So then I searched for the Neighborhoods album, but I found nothing, and I got nothing. So I decided to uninstalled the Media Finder. But then, I discovered that they had actually download the SpeedUpMyPC and some search provider called Claro Search.

Claro Search in my Firefox

I've just search something about this stuff. It was a browser hijacker that overrides existing search engine on the infected computer (Copy and Paste. I got that from I'm Infected sites Okay, so this things acts like a zombie.. Zombie Computer.. Kind of.. It says that Claro Search is a component of Babylon.. See??!! I told you!! They really does installed the Babylon stuff in my computer, though it's not a toolbar.. Gosh, this is one of the slyest software in the world!! It also says that Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Firefox are the most affected browser by the search tools. And, how coincidence, I have all those three browser!! Well actually was four, that is Opera Browser, but my twin told me to uninstall it. Maybe they don't really wanted to spread this "Virus" to Opera, as they don't have really much users.. So, these three browsers are the mentioned target of this threat and can hit them from a single installation. Okay... more? Once it's successfully default search page and home page of these three browser will automatically turned to Claro Search. Shit! I knew it! If victims, that's me, utilizing these search, it will present irrelevant research. Plus, contained variety of advertisement. This adware will also lead victims to unwanted sites. Yea, I got unsafe sites when I clicked one of the result sites listed.. -_- So I tried to find this little zombie everywhere, 'cause I know that they will be hiding somewhere 'though I had actually uninstalled it in the Control Panel.

Media Finder folder. Hey, when did I tell you to make a folder?

Owh, Uniblue, huh? You wanna hide-and-seek??
And they had actually made a desktop icon, and a duplicate of Download File..

Hey, haven't I told you to not putting an icon on the desktop??!!

That was one contumacious software like Babylon. But I can actually Download the Revo Uninstaller to do that. It will be lot easier. But I had done it on the first attempt, and beside, it was only for 30 Days Free Trial.. So.. Okay, now, I'm going to uninstalling the Claro Search.. So this is what the Claro Search looks like in the Programs and Features.. Pretending to be uninstalled.. Haha...

Claro LTD toolbar on IE? Special toolbar only for Internet Explorer?

What? When did I download this installer?? Okay.. you little vulpine zombies..
Toolbar!! And after I uninstalled it, I saw a glance of 'Babylon'. OMG.. You pawky things.. So, I opened my Firefox, and they do changed the homepage and search page, and search provider to Claro Search. Everywhere I go, they will shows 'Claro Search'. So I click on Firefox Options, and on the General tab, I change the homepage to Google Search. But every time I opened a new tab, they will show the Claro Search as a homepage. This puny little zombie!! So, first thing I do is type => About:Config <= on the Address Bar and press Enter button. So then I get redirected to this page:

This is where you can find more Advanced Settings on Firefox
So I clicked the 'I'll be careful, I promise!' button. And there, a Search Box was provided. Then I type => browser.newtab.url <= and Press Enter. I get one result showing this thing:

Okay, got you!
So I clicked right button on my mouse, and click on Modify

Do not click on the Reset. You don't want to get messed up.
And I wanted for my new tab to be be absolutely a blank page. So I write => About:Blank <= You are actually will get this page when you first time downloaded Firefox. It's a blank page.

This is better!! A blank page!
So I clicked 'OK', and yeay, my new tab is now a blank page!! But then I got another problem, whenever I type something on the Address Bar, and press Enter, my search provider will be the Claro Search. This is so depressing.. And this time, I got fucked up. I change everything that I think I should, and nothing was change. This is some of the messed up screenshot:

What is this?? Default Engine Name??.. Lalala...~

Now what is this??.. Change!! Haha.. 

What is this stupid extensions?? Change to Google.. Hmmm..
I don't even know what was I'm doing, changing this and that.. And then finally I found the string. It was called => keyword.URL <= So then I change it to http://www.google.com , and try out the testing. So I write 'Blink182' on the Address Bar, and it comes out like, http://www.google.comBlink182 and.. Yes, it says that the page is not exist. I'm totally pissed off. But then, I suddenly remembered about the query that Google used to have on the address bar when I'm searching for something. So I copied the link and paste it on the string value of the keyword.URL. It was supposed to be => https://www.google.com.my/search?q= <= so that when I typed something, like 'sum41' or something, they will directly search for the stuff, like this => https://www.google.com.my/search?q=sum41 <= And then, I unpinned Firefox from my Taskbar because it's too difficult to use. Internet Explorer and Google Chrome is much easier to change the homepage, Search Page, and all of it.

On IE, I click on the flowery image on the top right of the browser, that's will be the 'Tool', and click on 'Internet Options' above the 'About Internet Explorer'. On the 'General' tab, there will be a few little section. Change the homepage on the 'Homepage' section and look down for the 'Search' section. Click on settings, and then you will see that the Carlo Search are turns default. Click on the preferred search provider you want, and make it as the default. If you want it to be able to search right from the Address Bar, check the 'Search In The Address Bar' box and check on the above box if  you don't really like the a suggested result on the bar.

On Google Chrome, I go to => chrome://chrome/settings/ <= and press Enter. There will be the browser's settings. So scroll down, and search for the 'Search' section.  It will shows you what search provider did you use. Change to preferred  search provider and click on 'Manage Search Engine' button. Click on the search engine that you want to be your default search provider. Then, click on the 'X' marks on the Claro Search on the end of the link's tail. Now, go to the Search Box on the top right of the browser and type 'Home'.
Actually, I can scroll down to search for it, but I'm too lazy for that. So, you'll see the 'Appearance' section. Under the section, you'll see two boxes. Check on Show Home Button. A link will appear under the box. Click on 'Change' and change it to the preferred homepage.

Okay, done with the zombie eviction. Now, I have to search for each song in the Neighborhoods (Deluxe Edition) one by one, and compiled them together. So I had some of them are having different Cover Art, so I search for solution, as my songbird are having a technical problem (can't get installed, it'll shows that I have another version running on my PC), and found MP3Tag. It's a site in German languages, but I do understand the 'Download' word. So I download the software, and then installed it. I put all of the song in one folder and open it in the software, and Ctrl + A all of them. So, on the left below of the software, I right click on the mouse button and remove the Cover Art. Then add it again. 'Course I have an image of the Cover Art of the Neighborhoods (Deluxe Edition), I just download it. Yeah! My free Neighborhoods Album!! Deluxe Edition!! :D Actually I can get the file on here=> 4shared, but I just found it. O.o That's suck. Anyway, I have the whole song, and I'm listening to them now!! U-huh, u-huh.. :D It's two in the morning!!

Yeay, full fourteen of them!!
I don't really know why I'm too diligent to do such useless things. (._. ) I've heard all of them about three times, that's mean, I've spend about three hour listening to this..

P/S: Actually I've got lots of screenshot but I had to get faster, and had accidentally deleted some of them..

1 comment:

  1. Zombie Computer!
    Botnet... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SubxMZxhiKo

    ReplyDelete